Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sakurai the amazing performer and why I'm not fond of Dress cover.


The only reason I keep this video in my netbook is the fact that Sakurai-san steals the show from the band. This video shows how charismatic that man is. He sings on the stage like dolphin swimming in the sea. He did it with grace and mastery.

His charisma was further enhance by the fact that TMR totally adore him! The way TMR grinned at the of the show, you can totally see how happy he was. Sakurai actually hugged him on stage!

And and, he looks so tall, so dark, so menacing, and the fan service. OMG....*kyaa*



The truth is, I'm not really a fan of Abingdon Boys School, I think the name better suited Radiohead since all of Radiohead member were Abingdon Boys School graduate. Neither am I a fan of TMR solo work , I think his songs for Gundam SEED opening are very good, but Gundam SEED is my least favourite of Gundam franchise (wait, that doesn't really explains why). I'm also not really fond of their cover for Buck-Tick Dress. They did a great job updating and transforming Buck-Tick classic. The opening of the song is great, the screaming part was awesome, the guitar and all. The cover is actually pretty good.

So after years since the release of the cover, I try to find out I don't like Dress cover. I adore Balzac's cover, I adore Kiyoharu's, Theater Brook's, MCU's, Tsuchiya Masami's, Michirou Endo's.  But, but, but, in the case of of Dress, I'm on the purist side. That's normal right? People have different taste and preference. After watching the video above so many times, I noticed I did the same thing over and over again, I listen to intro and then I skipped to the part where Sakurai starts singing. I guess, I don't really like TMR singing in the song.

As live performance above concern, I think Sakurai and TMR voice goes well together, they did a great performance and fan service. However, I'm still gonna skipped the Parade album last song.

Disclaimer: Pepper is not a fan of Abingdon Boys School and TMR. Rather, she is indifferent to their music.
 she listen to them once in a while in Youtube, but haven't been hooked yet. Who knows few years down the road she might end up being a fan. Well, maybe she would also remain indifferent.

The only reason she write about the band in this light is because of the song cover. Arggh~ writing in 3rd person view is really weird. The truth is, I want to make a point that, I don't hate ABS and TMR.

No comments: